Thursday 12 November 2009

Double Heaven

My friend and I decided it'd be a brilliant idea to go into the McDonald's on Oxford Street on Hallowe'en Saturday afternoon. 



Better than that, I ordered a double Quarter Pounder regular meal, which I was advised takes a couple of minutes longer, which is well worth the wait!



I huddled in the express lane, trying to get out of the way of the frazzled Saturday shoppers. It was pretty hard, to be honest. 


After two minutes, the employees at the Express window gave me an update, with an apology - it'll be a couple more minutes. No problem, said I. After another couple of minutes, the team leader gave me an update, with an apology - it'll be a couple more minutes. No problem, said I. 
After another couple of minutes, the manager came over to apologise and to reassure me that it was on the way. Again, no problem, said I - they were clearly busy and doing their best to serve everyone, which is tricky when some of the customers are morons. 
Overheard: 
McDs (to the waiting lady at he front of the queue): Chicken nuggets and fries?
Lady (dismissively): No, I ordered Chicken nuggets and chips.
McDs: Yep, that's chicken nuggets and fries.


A minute later, I got a large meal and a complimentary apple pie - too much for me to eat, although I had a good ol' go, but appreciated nonetheless. 


Well done McDonald's!


Anyone else got good/bad stories on McDs?




1 comment: