Sunday 28 June 2009

Accessibility issues

I have Macs at home, and I get quite frustrated when websites don't function on Macs as they do for Windows, especially as I test websites and know how easy it is to check basic stuff on Macs and Windows.

There are loads of examples of this (your suggestions welcome!) but this is the worst one I've come across:

HQhair.com
The site stocks a huge range of high end cosmetics, accessories and other pamper products at decent prices. The shipping is a bit steep, but you can quite often get hold of online codes which reduce or get rid of the costs, which is nice.

The problem is that the site looks good on a Mac (Firefox and Safari, both latest versions), but once you come to checkout, you can't. It looks to me as if a third party hosts the actual payment, and when it comes to that, there's a blank space on the page where you should be able to enter the card information.
I have e-mailed them a couple of times about this, but have yet to hear back. As it was at least eighteen months ago, I'm not going to hold my breath.


I tend to use Beauty Bay now - it stocks most of the same stuff, for similar prices but most importantly, I can complete the order in the comfort of my living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment